Saturday, June 9, 2007

Mola


Sorry I have been bad about blogging…I have been working crazy hors again this week. We were doing better and then 2 servers unexpectedly left and caused us to be understaffed again. But, this should b the last rough week. I have never worked this much or this hard in my life! However, I did take a night after work to get beers with Rick! I got to wait on him and his film crew, which was pretty cool.
On the other hand, my time off has been great. Anke and I went driving back from Artist Point and had a big wolf come within 20 yards or so. It didn’t mind us and caught some little animals in the brush. We also saw a great gray owl, a blue
heron and tons of buffalo. We drove all through Canyon and by the Virginia Cascades. It was a good day!
Also, I managed to play with my fishing stuff the other day. Me and Chuck and Jacob took an excursion to the Gibbon River. We didn’t have much time and stayed close to the road and the fishing wasn’t great. I was trying to show my friends how to fly-fish, and was less than stellar. I had a fish on an expensive emerger and then lost the fish, and then lost the emerger in a tree on my next cast. The story of my fishing career…
Also, I spent some time going around and taking pics by myself, especially at the Norris Geyser Basin. I think it has the coolest thermal features in the park. This one reminds me of a trout:
Also, I am loving all the international employees. My favorite one, Kimi from Kosovo, told me that my name is very close to the Albanian word for red apple. So now he calls me "Mola" all the time. He also taught me how to say "Hello, how are you?" in Albanian, which I think is pretty cool. Plus, I speak in French with one of our French bussers all the time. Its pretty fun!

1 comment:

Becky B said...

Mola! Write me emails back!
Glad you are not working so hard...maybe then you can write me back!! Must I repeat it again...write me back!!
Plus, pretty pictures!