Saturday, June 2, 2007

My 21st!


I was a little bummed when I left that I would have to spend my 21st first birthday away from my friends and family, and especially Becky. But, my new friends here made it a night to remember. We went to the employee pub here at Lake and it happened to also be an 80’s dance night. Anke was the only one with any colorful spandex, so Jacob wore normal clothes and Chuck and I went punk/goth. We got there about 10pm, ordered a pizza and had a good time at the dance until
midnight. It was an interesting setting, seeing the managers and supervisors there as well, all dressed up. Some of the older employees went all out. I enjoyed a Sprite until midnight, when it was officially my birthday. Then, they announced it was my birthday and the other employees bought my share of legal beers. They have no hard liquor in the pub (fortunately) but have many good local microbrews. So I got to ring in the 31st with Fat Tire, Moose Drool, and Bitch Creek. The best part was that Anke, Chuck and Jacob got me a cake and a little crown that says “21” on it. It was so much fun, and my friends made me feel like I was hanging out with my oldest friends rather than people I have known for just a few weeks.
I had just enough to drink to feel like I fulfilled my 21-ness, but not enough to be ridiculous. We all had a great time and I joined the ranks of those who got to celebrate their 21st at Yellowstone.

2 comments:

Becky B said...

Wow, you are brave to post the "real" 21st birthday party pics on your blog, you wild child!

Anonymous said...

i had my 21st birthday at the Yellowstone Employee pub as well. I was working at the pub at the time, and it was a very painful evening and day after. This was way back in 1997, but i'm sure the place is still the best damn place to go in the park. I think they duct taped me to bison that guarded the trail between the pub and the dorms.